Eirena, aged 5, dressed herself today.
(I usually let her because she has Opinions about what she wants to wear (and I find it humorous to see what she comes up with). On the rare occasion when I feel there is a need for coordination in colors and pattern or styles I have to plan my sweet-talkin' tactics in advance.)
So this morning we're rushing out the door to drop Dr. Daddy at the bus stop (it was raining) and take Eskil to the doctor for his 2 yr well child check. Eirena donned a red shirt with black, pink, red and white hearts. A hot pink twirly- floofy- tutu dress and a hot pink sweatshirt. Surprisingly, she chose subtle solid black tights. But it was cold this morning. So she wore socks. One was white with hot pink strawberries. One, lime green and red.
I asked her why she had on two different socks. (I expected a typical "I couldn't find the matching ones" sort of response.)
What she actually said was, " well I chose this one because it has strawberries on it and we're almost close to May when we can go strawberry picking and I chose this one because it has green on it and that is like trees that don't lose their leaves during the winter and those are called evergreen trees".
Wow. I kind of felt like she needed a placard to wear with that detailed explanation.
No comments:
Post a Comment