Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dessert

How often do you have dessert?
We used to have it only once a week or so. But slowly, and in a large part due to Thanksgiving-St. Nicholas Day- my birthday- Eirena's birthday- Christmas celebrations, the kids are kind of expecting/ hoping that there will be dessert every night. While we often suggest fruit if they want dessert, there are times when they are looking for something a little more... dessert-ish. We do a fair amount of fruit based desserts (if I making something) like crisps or cobblers or pies. But those all still contain more sugar and butter than I need to consume on a regular basis. :)
Oh, and since we're all out of our Pound Plus dark chocolate from Trader Joe's, we can't get that "I'm in the mood for a smackeral of something" fix from a square of the Good Stuff.

So often do you have dessert, and of what sort?

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I hardly ever make desert unless we're having company or if we are really craving something sweet. My husband is diabetic, so I don't want to tempt him too much. :) We sometimes have sugar free pudding or strawberries with cool whip. Or sometimes later in the evening we'll have something chocolate, a couple cookies or a scoop of ice cream.