Tuesday, October 25, 2011

gross

Inspired by Mel's Kitchen Cafe I decided to make gelatin caterpillars for the kids' amusement. I only had a very stale box of lemon flavored jello so I went with that. I am not a fan of jello so I really don't waste my calories that way. [Un]fortunately my children have never seen a caterpillar or worm in a piece of fruit so they don't really understand the gross factor.



2 comments:

Catherine said...

Those are really gross! My kids would love them. We make "Jell-O" a lot from plain gelatin and juice, so we will have to try that next time!

Berji's domain said...

My recommendation would be to use thick/wide straws. I just used what we had, which were really thin. It was a pain to squeeze them all out. But you have more helpers, so that would make it go quicker too. :)