Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Victory Moment

The counselor that we took Adisu to suggested that we make a victory log, noting "wins" over challenging situations or other positive advances in Adisu, our relationship with him and parenting him.
Well I usually mentally make a note of things and sometimes mention it to someone, but this one it significant enough that it needs a huge shout out.
This morning while we were going on our walk Adisu, completely spontaneously said, "Mommy, sometimes I love you."
He has N.E.V.E.R. said that before (unbidden, unprompted).
(He's still trying to figure out when one uses "always", "sometimes", "never" etc. so I'm not sure what he really intended by the 'sometimes' but who cares? Even if he really did mean 'sometimes' that is a huge step for him.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

*fist pump* YES. Awesome. I'll keep praying for him.

A. Meredith, M.A. CCC-SLP said...

AMAZING!!! I am thrilled for you guys!!!

Lynn said...

Very sweet. It sounds like huge progress.

Catherine said...

Yea!!! We were so happy to read this!

Nathan and Rachel Waldock said...

awesome! Keep up the hard work, and I'll keep praying. :)