Tuesday, March 22, 2011

scary hairy

I have been trying to decide what to do with my hair. Grow it longer? Cut it short? A style even? Dr. Daddy's opinion about length or style was noncommittal. His opinion about color though? Green. Bright green. Or maybe black. Or violet. And the scary thing is, he's serious.
So one fine day I loaded a program that takes a picture of you and shows what you would look like with various hairstyles based on different models and individuals. First problem, no picture of me. Dr. Daddy rectified that with taking possibly the.worst. picture. of me, ever. I've had better passport photos! So just to lighten things up as I started I chose a style that was flaming orange hair in a bit of a haystack look. And oh dear, I discovered that I look like Ron Weasley. Not cute little Ginny, Ron. I think it something to do with the eyes. Dr. Daddy and I noticed it at the same time and burst out laughing.
After trying quite a few things I finally gave up. Just for fun, I loaded a picture of me with dreads. Dr. Daddy loved it. And now thinks I should do dreads. (If I won't dye my hair green or purple.) Unfortunately for him, dreads take a lot of work (in the beginning) and my current hair style is "combed". So dreads are out. (And here my parents sigh in relief.)
So I still haven't decided what to do with my hair (if anything) but I am becoming more and more convinced that Dr. Daddy is trying to do his own hair crises/experimentation through me.
And no, I am not going to post that horrible picture of me!

2 comments:

JaneH said...

Having done green, purple, and jet black myself (though I can't vouch for dreads), I'd like to point out 2 possible disadvantages. First, green and purple fade rather quickly, so to keep it looking stunning you have to work at it every month or so. With black, it depends on how fast your roots grow. Also, there are still people in the world who'll cross to the other side of the road when they see you, which can get old. Depends on where you are. But hey, it's their problem...

Lynne C said...

The only drawback with being short is that I look like Thing One in the morning. But other than that...