Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Details

Dr. Daddy and I have been forced into creative mode by our little story fiend. Eirena keeps asking us to tell her stories, usually about her with a few other characters thrown in (Uc, Fuzzy Bear, the family, etc.). Even though she has lived and then memorized the story about our camping trip, she asks us daily to tell it to her. Last night though, she was telling it to Adisu (after we put them to bed). Since they were supposed to be falling asleep, I interrupted story time. This morning she asked me why I had done that and I explained the reason and then told her she could finish the story now. So she decided she would, but pointed out that one must start at the beginning and then tell the rest of the story. And so she did. Her accuracy did not surprise me. What I found amusing though, was her attention to details: we stopped for a potty break and had a snack. After that we got back in the little silver car and Daddy did the top and the bottom seatbelt for Adisu and Eirena and got into the driver's seat and Mommy got into the other seat in the front of the car. When we got to the camping spot she needed to go potty, so Dr. Daddy took her and then she pulled up her panties and pants because she was a big girl. It may surprise you, but we actually leave those little details out of the story. But apparently they are important to her.

No comments: