Wednesday, January 20, 2010

order

So you can only be a new reader if you don't know that Eirena is train-obsessed. In fact, I believe she taught Adisu to be interested in trains because that is how you play.
Anyway, so he plays with trains and the tracks too. The other day he was driving his car on the tracks. As an activity and to perhaps clarify his mind, I suggested he build a road for his car, rather than drive it on the tracks. Well, either he didn't care or really understand (hard to tell the difference with him) but he wasn't too interested in the road. Eirena however, always concerned about things being done the proper way, was eager for him to have a road to drive his car on, rather than the tracks. So we built a road for him and showed him how to use it. He acquiesced, and was driving his car haphazardly over the block road, not caring if he pushed them out of line. I looked over at Eirena who had stopped playing with her trains. She going behind Adisu's hurricane driving, putting each block back into alignment. And when he went over the blocks and pushed them out of line again, there she was, ready to line them up "neat and square".

1 comment:

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

You're going to have so much fun with 3 very different personalities in the house. . .well, if it doesn't drive you nuts. : )

oops. forgot to send you my address. If it's not too late, let me know your email and I'll email you my address. I hope that makes sense. . .my email is rlkendr@yahoo.com