Monday, January 25, 2010

Just like glitter glue

Last night Eirena wanted to look at my belly again. One time I had her feel the baby kick and told her it was saying "hi" to her, so now she really likes to look at my belly, belly button and know more about the baby. Anyway, so last night she was looking at my belly and asked when we were going to cut my uterus open to take the baby out. (I'm not really sure where she got that idea for baby removal from!) So I explained to her that hopefully, no cutting would be occurring, but rather, the uterus would squeeze and squeeze and the baby would come out. She looked quite puzzled by this and asked why it would have to squeeze for the baby to come out. Hmm, time for an analogy, thought I. So I explained that just like we have to squeeze the bottles for her glitter glue to come out, so would the uterus squeeze to make the baby come out. That seemed to make sense to her. (And thankfully, there was no follow-up question about from where the baby would come out!)

No comments: