If you're looking for a good start on the sugar, carb-fest of Thanksgiving, these sticky buns are the way to go. Make ahead the night before and then heat up some for breakfast. Yum!
3-1/4 c. all purpose flour (I'm sure I did at least half whole wheat, if not more)
2 packages active dry yeast
1/4 c. sugar
1 t. salt
3/4 c. milk
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. butter, cubed
1 egg
1 1/2 c. finely chopped apples
Topping
1 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 c. butter (I think I did some coconut oil for this)
3/4 c. walnuts
1 T. water
1 t. ground cinnamon
In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 c. flour, yeast, sugar and salt. In a saucepan, heat the milk, water and butter to 120-130 degrees. Add to dry ingredients; beat until just moistened. Add egg; beat until just smooth. Stir in remaining flour and apples. Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 min.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the topping ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring until blended. Pour into an ungreased 9x13 in pan. Stir dough down. Spoon walnut-sized pieces of dough over nut mixture. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 1 min. before inverting onto a large serving platter.
Yield: 12-16 servings (who are they kidding?)
3 comments:
These sound wonderful. Thanks so much for posting them. I can't wait to get time to try them :)
These are rising on my countertop this very moment :) They're looking good.
Awesome :)
Post a Comment