Monday, May 30, 2011

Cousin Anna

Isn't it thrilling to look back and see how God answered a very specific prayer request?
For a couple months Dr. Daddy had been praying for some way to help me stay sane while he is away this summer for field work. There were some particulars related to Adisu's attachment that complicated the matters and made it all seem hopeless.
While on a run one Sunday shortly before Dr. Daddy left, I was praying. And an idea came to me to email my aunt and ask her to share one of her daughters with me for the summer. They prayed about it and thought about how it would all work out on short notice and emailed me back saying it was ok with them, but it might not even be feasible with plane tickets on short notice. But when I checked even plane tickets were reasonable! So I quickly bought them and the day Dr. Daddy left Cousin Anna came to stay for three weeks.
It was a little awkward at first because we didn't really know each other. But she melded in with our motley crew so well. And those particulars that I was stressed about? Cousin Anna (even though she didn't know it at the time) had the perfect response.
Our family had a lot of fun with Cousin Anna. The kids really liked having someone other than mommy to interact with every day. Having an extra set of hands and eye meant that we could get out and do more stuff. I even stayed sane!

At the Splash Park
At the LBJ family ranch

Splashing in Pedernales River

Cousin Anna even whipped up some pants for Fuzzy Bear in a day at Eirena's request (the idea of FB wearing a dress with the pants is Eirena's idea)

1 comment:

Nathan and Rachel Waldock said...

Yeah cousin Anna! Thank you Lord for answering prayer! I'm glad you had someone to give you a hand.

Nathan